Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Sunday, October 08, 2006

More Than You Ever Wanted To Know

It seems that I've been tagged by CP and as promised here is my list:

1) Would you bungee jump?
No. There seems to be something that's unnatural about falling several feet only to be yanked back up at breakneck (literally) speeds only to fall back down again. The imagine of the grey matter swirling around in my noggen seems unappealing. To eachs own though.

2) If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be?
Nothing, absolutely nothing. In other words I would be a Canadian politician

3) Your favorite fictional animal?
Any animal in a Douglas Adam's novel. Including but not limited too the mice, dolphins and whale before it impacted the ground. Just remembered perhaps my favourite, was the cow that could talk at the restaurant at the end of the universe.

4) One person who never fails to make you laugh?
Nikki out of funniness, ruben out of strangeness, and me when I see myself on video, I'm absurd!

5) When you were 12 years old what did you want to be when you grew up?
The age of twelve was an interesting time for me. I wanted to be a turnip for a span of about 3 weeks, then for some reason I wanted to be a singer. This was inspired by seeing myself as a child singing on t.v. Once I opened my mouth puberty seemed to hit and my voice was gone, much like a young homer. Following this I wanted to be a nature photographer and travel to Africa. Then I wanted to be a doctor, mostly because everyone told me I wanted to be one. I realized later that I don't have what it takes to make a great doctor, although I was able to get into med school it's not in my personality, which gives me much respect for our friend S.

6) What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Depends where I am. If it's the weekend I think that I'm a very lucky guy, roll over and go back to bed. If it's a weekday my mouth emits a low bassy grumble, I stretch out then jump out of bed.

7) Have you ever gone to therapy?
No although many of my ex girlfriends have suggested it, when they became ex's. Apparently normal people have these things called "feelings" and something that goes with them, I think called "emotions". Now thinking on it I think it would be great to go. It combines two of the things I enjoy most laying down and talking.

8) If you could have one super power what would it be?
Totally with CP on this one although I'd like to be a wizard a'la Richard Rahl. If it had to be one power it would be teleportation. That's probably due to the fact that the gas it takes to get to school is costing me a small fortune.

9) Your favorite cartoon character?
Either Bugs Bunny from loony toons or the really old school spiderman. You know the one where they were too lazy to draw in the web lines on the costume. They also tended not to use more than two differnt frames to make him walk.




10) Do you go to church?
Not often. When I do these day's it's to visit a friend of mine who is a priest. He also likes gothic everything and dungeons and dragons.

11) What is your best childhood memory?
My best childhood memory would probably have to do with the trip my dad took my family on before he had heart surgury. We went to universal studeo's and also saw dolphins. For some reason the captain also thought feeding sea gulls was something special. He should really go to University in Toronto

12) Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Marriage is a special thing and totally not respected in our society as it should be.

13) Do you own a gun?
I own a caulking gun, which I use to seal up my fish tank, a staple gun which I use to lay down carpets and a glue gun which I use to make fashionable macaroni neclaces for my lady friends.

14) Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
As anyone will tell you I maybe coordinated when it comes to most things but when it comes to gals I tend to be spastic. I've accidentally elbowed, headbutted, stepped on, ran into, fell ontop of, and kneed more girls then I can count.

15) Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Yes as a child my parents used to dress me up and make me a part of their folk band. I was on T.V a couple of times. In more recent times if I've been in the drink I'll sing. Especially if they're drinking songs.

16) What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Appendages (4), hair (as james would say, we tend to associate hair with girls)

17) What is your biggest mistake?
My biggest mistake was neglecting people while I was working hard in my last year of university. This is not a mistake I'm ever going to make again.

18) Say something totally random about yourself.
I play a game that I'm ashamed to admit in front of anyone I know. In fact there are probably about 3 people that know I play it. Yes, I play magic the gathering strategy card game. I've played for the last 9 years and I can't see myself stopping. *hangs head in shame*

19) Has anyone ever said that you looked like a celebrity?

Well I'm told I look like Adrian Brody, who is apparently "as sexy as hell". Therefore by the transitive principle, I'm sexy as well. Thanks Jin ;) I've also been told that I look like Nicholas Cage when I'm wearing my contacts, although that one I don't see at all. You folks help me out, Who do I look like?








20) What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
made me dinner and wrote me letters.

21) Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Yes I do. It takes me a while but I find it interesting.

The three people that I'm tagging are Lala, demara, and S.

13 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger jin said...

WOO-HOO! First Comment! :-)

Heeheehee...shame on you putting those pics up there...now I've gone & drooled all over my keyboard. *giggle*

Now I totally forgot what I was going to say.....
um....
oh, yeah!

GREAT list
Excellent answers
&
Your boots are STYLIN'!!!

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great answers! I laughed like a banshee (ok, internally) at the thought of you headbutting girls. I hope poor Nikki's head is ok.

Bugger. Now I have to stay up and try to do this, because you have THROWN down a gauntlet dammit.

I'll let you know once I am done!

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done! http://julaberry.blogspot.com/2006/10/more-than-you-ever-wanted-to-know.html

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gawd! You've been draged into this evil game as well? Nice answers tho! I like the story about being a turnip. Can turnpis sing? Sometimes?

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Yes, I enjoyed the turnip answer as well though I am quite confused by it. As for your celebrity twins, I see a little of Robert Downey Jr. in you on the one on the bench. Either Robert, or you could be a random American Idol contestant. As for the one on the couch, I would agree with Jin that you seem to channel Adrian Brody a bit.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, you have awesome answers MT! Let's see now...2-LOL 5-A turnip? Why a turnip? 7-I like laying down and talking too 9-Really? Interesting, 2 frames, and I wondered about that costume. 13-how sweet, macaroni necklaces (I want one) 14-:D LOL 15-what is the name of the folk band?

Thanks for tagging me~ I will do it right now and post it for tomorrow (Tuesday) k? k ttyl

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Lol, you actually do look like Adrian Brody. And I am so with you on Spider Man, although I am still lovin' the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.... Ahh.. the good old days

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Tumuli said...

Loved the turnip comment. And you do resemble Brody...

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Nik said...

It's usually my shins he knocks into the most. My head is used to being smacked into things, so it wouldn't matter if he elbowed or kneed me there so much.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger S. said...

Consider it done. Thanks for the tag...and the doctor respect. Enjoy!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! @ #13: I also have a staple gun, and a glue gun! But I stick to real purdy beads when I make my necklaces, oh, and NO GLUE or MACARONI! LOL!

And #14: I'm also guilty of headbutting.... more than once.... teehee! ;)

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

Jin: Thanks for the comment, I always try to be stylin:)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

Very fun and interesting answers.
Oh, and the yummy pic helps too.
:-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home