Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Sunday, August 06, 2006

What Do You Do To Relax?


After last week I realized I really need to put more time into relaxing and looking after myself. I’ve gotten back into my fitness regime and hope to continue with running at least 20 km a week and lifting weights for at least 4 days. Then I starting thinking that stress is something that people deal with everyday. Chances are that you folks reading this right now are stressed. Out of duty to you my readers I sought out a method for you to determine if you’re so stressed that you need a vacation. The stress test here meets my stringent criteria. On another note if anyone would like to share their personal tips on how to deal with stress and ways to de-stress after a long week let me know.

13 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Rant on my blog... such a good stress reliever.. thanks for the comment :P

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

Force a cow to race a dolphin. That usually lightens my mood considerably.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger S. said...

Wine helped tonight, but as you know...I'm not the one to be giving advice about relaxing. Good luck with that.

I'm beginning to doubt the market value of accomplished women, though. A fellow female doctor said it's a real conversation killer at bars. She always has to make up other occupations.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger LaLa said...

Wine, ciggie and dancing to ELO.

Trashy, but effective.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Quindigo said...

Yoga. (And when I say "yoga", I mean drinking beer for lunch, staying in an air-conditioned living room watching tv and eating nachos).

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Tumuli said...

Read, sleep, stare into space...

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger jin said...

Chocolate, blogging, tea, Yoga (Not quindigo's type! LOL!) and chocolate!
:-D

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger whyioughtta said...

Hmmmm...interesting that nobody said 'sex.' What is happening to this generation???!!!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Nik said...

'Destress', baby. After a long week of stress, I doubt you want any more 'distress'.

I vacuum. :D And clean, clean, clean. I also spend time with the kitties. (You need more pets! Ones you can hug.)

Other options include reading, taking pictures, and ....
OH MY GOD my mom made corn on the cob! I'm out!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

I rob convenience stores.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Kayln said...

I LOVE your writing style and your content.
Nicely done!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Kayln said...

Oh, and a provincial exam. Heh. Well, it is one bugger of a huge test that everybody in grade 10-12 has to write at some point during the school year.
If the school is on the semester system, they would usually write it in the middle of the school year.
So you see...it's a terrible bugger, and a lot of stress.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger natalie said...

vegging out with tv...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home