Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Any Bet's On The Next Time I Get A Call From Guido?

They say that instances of extreme trauma or stress that one seems to have their consciousness separated from their body. This was the case yesterday at the Guido’s wedding, however, it was definitely an interesting experience. I decided that I would at least try to have a good time. I finally found out why I was invited to be a part of this thing. Guido told me that it was because I’m the funniest guy he knows and that would lighten the mood and that I’m also the life of a party and that’s important. I still don’t like him but at least I don’t hate him as much. His bride is another matter thought. She yelled at me to hand out seeds at the church service. When I asked what kind of seeds they were she yelled at me further and said they Snapdragons and they represented the wedding and the planting of the seed of love. I then told her I hope not as after planting Snapdragons they grow, blossom and die within one year. I then went to the hall and had a sandwich.

The ceremony was also interesting as the priest could not getthe new Guidos name right and used a different one several times. In fact during the ceremony he asked if Guido would take Lesley, which is his sister’s name, as his wife. Another interesting happening was after the ceremony in the basement of the church were some food was available to make sandwiches for yourself. The new Ms. Guido demanded Guido make her a sandwich, when he returned with the sandwich she pushed it back at him and said “You know I won’t eat this go back and do it right this time”. It looks like they have years of happiness ahead of them.

I also learned that the people in the wedding party were not the brightest bulbs in the bunch. Here are a few quotes as well as conversation excerpts from the evening.

Bridesmaid: “I don’t know how you can eat meat and call yourself a scientist, you should know how bad it is on the environment”
MT: “Yes, I know however, I try to make up for it in other ways. Like not driving excessively”
BM: “I love driving I have a new hummer and an SUV”

BM: “I wish we were in the southern hemisphere, like in Florida or something”

The song Mad World comes on in the Limo. I sarcastically say this is definitely a wedding song. The wedding party listens closely to the lyrics for a few moments

“All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
And their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying:
They're the best I've ever had”

They all agree it is very beautiful and should be played as a song for the bride and groom to dance to. It is later requested.

DJ to new Guido: “Can you describe how you feel right now?”
New Guido: in a cold robotic voice and dead eyes “I am filled with emotions . . . good ones”

Maid of Honour: “MT, I got up today at 4:30 this morning and I know I won’t go to bed until 4:30, that’s almost 12 hours!”
MT: “I think it’s a tad more than that”
Usher: “I told you he’s smart I bet he can do the math in his head right now”
MT: “It’s 24 hours”

That's just a sampling, I think I may share more as time goes on. Stay tooned next week as my birthday it’s Tuesday and next week’s blog instalment will cover the story of my supposed birth into an Italian family.

14 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Nik said...

So many people have asked me why I didn't want to go.

Truth be told I probably would have decked the bride. One wing-filled evening with her was enough, thanks. Poor weiner Guido. I guess that's what happens when you can only find love on LavaLife.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Shionge said...

MT Happy Birthday in advance, another March baby :D

By the way, it does make a difference when you can bring fun & joy to a happy occasion and certainly from here I do know you're a well-like person :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Demara said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your supposed entrance into an Italian family...I too can relate to that supposedly. Haha And I'm glad you had such a wonderful time at the "wedding".

So to answer your question "Last week I was jsut asking why you made the move from blogger.":
Here are a couple posts on it...
Aug 16 2006 Blogger vs. Wordpress
Aug 17 2006 I'm Enjoying Wordpress Now

And the bottom line is that I just really like Wordpress better!

Want Details? Ask again...Demara

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Tea said...

They sound like they make quite the couple! LOL

tea
xo

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Dale said...

Brilliant quotes and song recommendations M.T. I live for this stuff. Next time snag me an invite okay? From great pain comes a lot of laughs.

Your supposed birth? So maybe you weren't born like the rest of us? :-)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Dino said...

well at least it made for a good post. and I don't think intelligence was a pre req for bridesmaids - which explains why I was never one!!!!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks for the giggle, I really needed it.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Demara said...

Hey MT,

I just realized that we've "known" eachother for almost a year!

Crazy how time flies hey???

Well your comments section sure has grown A LOT hey?! So neat~

Well...can't wait to see how old you'll be now...I forget...I vaguely remember reading about your age sometime ago...I think maybe you're turning 28...is that right? I could be way off though as I DO forget...anyhow take care, until next time...Shalom
P.S.
Oh and I'm so glad you did not switch your account over to the new Blogger! The original what you have is WAY better in my opinion so WTG!!! And if you don't feel like reading those posts from above...the point of one of them is is that if you feel like a change and you feel the "original" Blogger is easy (then the New Blogger WILL be WAY to easy) and you are up to a challenge then try WP...because it is definitly a little bit more of a challenge *especially if you decide you want to -pay- for your own url. ...man! sorry about this I feel like a stupid sales person or something...I'm not meaning to sell anything...I'm just putting this info. out there...like in a book at a library or something, k? K, hope you enjoyed the info. Peace man!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Eve Grey said...

That's some funny stuff right there. You are also a TOTAL snob to your poor dumb cousins. I love it.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger BerryBird said...

Oh, my. Those conversations with the folks in the wedding party almost make the whole thing worthwhile.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Nik said...

Happy birthday! Yet again! xoxo Love ya!

 
At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! Happy Birthday!

I am still laughing about the snapdragons and the song request.

That... is fucking funny.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger ROENTGEN said...

omg. thank you dearest whoever that i wasn't there. I would have pissed on the church floor because of an imense burst of laughter (crappy english? yeah go for it)... i fucking hate this cheesy bullshit. including personal vowes. ew.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger jin said...

LOL! Excellent post. Really loved the quotes!

Happy Happy Belated Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home