Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Steve Whatever You Do Keep You're Clothing On!

Today marks the beginning of two weeks that I will be spending away from the lovely Ms. Pea. Yes that's right I'm being all politically correct and such because I'm so out of sorts. This is going to be a long trying two weeks. Some interesting things are happening in these two weeks, one of them being Guido's wedding. This is happening on the Saturday; he informed me today that we are having two practice rehearsals. I informed him it was very kind of him to give me four whole days of notice; however, I will be unable to attend one of them because of a prior engagement. This was of course an engagement I planned with the specific purpose of missing out on any last minute arrangements, but none the less it's still an engagement. Now all you folks out there in blog land are probably wondering what I could be doing on a Friday when I get out of work at 12:00 p.m and the rehearsal is at 7 p.m? We'll I'm glad you asked friends and neighbours, I will be participating in a fully voluntary floor hockey tournament on Friday. It’s been a while since I played but I must say I think I’m actually looking forward to it. It may even be able to put me into better spirits before the eschaton on Saturday. Please note that I fully intend on getting into the spirits before, after and during the ordeal.

Other than that I will have my birthday in two weeks. As most of my birthdays have been for the past 15 years it will most likely be a terrible one. My family tends to treat me poorly around this time. I think it’s because they may recall the unfortunate amount of effort it took for them to steal me from my affluent Jewish parents as a baby. The general course of events is that none of my friends remember, which does not usually bother me. I am away from the person I care most about, the wonderful Ms. Pie and my parents ask me what kind of cake I would like. I respond I would to have chocolate cake. Inevitably when the cake makes it’s first appearance it’s a vanilla cake. The reason for this I am informed every year is that no one likes chocolate cake. Unfortunately, this event tends to put me a sour mood as I dislike vanilla cake. I eat my slice of vanilla cake and sit down and wonder why I always get a vanilla cake.

Other than the above combination of events I will be missing my angel.

18 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Demara said...

Dude, that's quite the picture there...who's the Kitty suppose to represent anyway??? The lovely bride of the wedding you shall attend soon, perhaps? And you're the tall man standing there at the side with your sweet pea, arm and arm??? Haha~

Oh and which birthday are you celebrating of yours now??? Your 30th? 25th? 20th? Just curious...

So I didn't quite understand your comment on my blog...now were asking me "Why I had switched from Blogger to what I have now?"

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Tea said...

You really should demand that chocolate cake, you know. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

tea
xo

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger My adventures said...

I'll keep tabs on guido's wedding and we can compare stories, we're heading to the partner's son's wedding this saturday, so I'll get to sit next to the partner's ex-wife, so looking forward to that one!!! We were at separate tables but she requested to sit with us!!! lol!!! I'm taking pics and trying to figure out how to make movies!!! lol... would love to see some guido wedding pics!!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Justmee said...

Wow I have missed a lot, I thought Guido's wedding was over by now... Which I'm sure you feel the same. lol
I'm not sure if you notice, but it is YOUR birthday. You need too stand up and demand a chocolate cake or no cake regardless what anyone else likes. IF all else fails... bring your own chocolate cake to the party. lol
Sorry about Ms.Pea missing all of this... I'm sure she feels the same. When is your birthday exactly?? I'm sure your blogging friends will SOOO be there... We'll be having a blogging party just for you! :)

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, sounds a lot like my birthdays. May I recommend bringing your own small cake next time. I mean, come on, get at least one thing you want. Poor, MT.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Dino said...

okay here is what I would do about the cake go to Jin's site order yourself any of her yummy chocolate desserts (she does send them to Canada) and bring them to your party for you. Since no one likes it you'll have your cake and can eat it too! (and trust me its well worth it)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Eve Grey said...

Ahh MT, that sounds like it's kinda gonna suck. Were your birth parents young? Maybe you'll tell the story some day...
In any event, um, happy birthday! I think next year you should stay with your girlfriend & eat chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Tumuli said...

I always request chocolate cake for my birthday. Heaven in my mouth. :)

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Shionge said...

Have a wonderful game and an advance Happy Birthday greetings too MT :D

Oh I know, me love CHocolate cake too...tell you what, give us their email and I'll hint to them that you wanted a choco cake :D

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

That is funny, but what of these affluent Jewish parents?

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Ms Zebra said...

wow, i never knew there was such thing as vanilla cake. LOL.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger S. said...

Sorry about your impending doom of a birthday, but hey, maybe it will be better than you expect. At the very least it will be over and then a whole year until it comes around again to torture you.

Here are some book suggestions you'd asked about in case it becomes necessary to lock yourself in your room:

Viktor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning."

Kahil Gibran, "The Prophet"

"Message to Garcia" forget the author, but very short and also can be found online pretty easily.

I'll try to add others as I think of them. :-) Glad you like Johnathon, too.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Nik said...

No wonder your mom's never happy. She lacks the endorphins that only a healthy dose of chocolate cake can provide.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger BerryBird said...

I was going to say the same thing Nicole did... bring your own cake! Or ask for an entirely different sort of dessert and see if that get transmogrified, too. I suggest that because I don't like cake of any kind, except coffee cake if there are enough crumbs on top. So I always have non-cake dessert for my birthday: rice crispy treats, ice cream cake, brownies, blondies, strawberry shortcake. Lots of other good stuff to choose from.

We'll trust Nikki to hook you up with the good chocolate you crave when the two of you celebrate together.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Blog said...

Sorry you'll be missing your angel. And, I do hope your birthday is a good one -- I'm sure it'll be better than you expect (cuz anything's better than that...). And, TWO wedding rehearsals? Suckage. I hate those things! Anyway, have fun!

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't be remembering your birthday unless facebook makes it painfully obvious to me that you're getting older... but happy birthday nonetheless (Tues March 27). I'll send you a belated e-card if it'll make you feel like a real boy again after the abuse. ;) Hey look at that... I actually read your page sometimes... doesn't that make you smile?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Nik said...

Hey sweetie, I sent you an email! Be sure to check both accounts in case it didn't show up in one of them.

Love ya!!! And I miss you already. :| Lousy wedding.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger ROENTGEN said...

oh no. you should form a wishlist. including a big hello pussy on your birthday party and some treaty chocolate cake! ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home