Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Schools Out For Summer ... I Mean Winter


It’s with a great sigh of relief that I tell you all that I’ve finished my fall semester and am out of school until January 8th. What that means to you good folks is that I’ll be spending more time blogging and reading everyone else’s blog. All that’s left for me to do is write up a thirty page paper. I’d be interested in hearing what other people’s view’s on this project are and whether they’ve ever had to do a similar thing themselves.

In my business course I’ve been tasked with doing a self analysis/reflection paper. I have to admit my first initial thought was holy hippo what a crock. Having completed about 7 pages I have to say that there is a small possibility that I may be wrong. Key words in that sentence are small and possibility. I think sometimes we (and I’m not talking about the royal we) have a tendency to not really sit down and take a look at ourselves and what really makes us tick. I had to complete a few “self analysis instruments” (get your minds out of the gutter folks) and write things like what my three highest priorities in life are.

One of the test I took was the Myers Briggs test. I’m not sure if everyone knows what it is but here’s a free version you can take to figure out what category you fall in. Note: It would be fun if you shared your results but no pressure. The test categorised me as an ENTJ, which has been equivocated to a field marshal. It has told me that I’d make a good executive or business person, which I guess I’m satisfied by since I’m in a business science programme. In my case the test seemed to capture some of my dominant characteristics mainly that I’m extroverted, intuitive and thinking. It also captured my tendency to hate inefficiency and think of things in terms of the long haul.

So with that I’ll leave you to complete your surveys and early await with baited breath to see what my personality types my listening audience is and whether or not they agree with the profile.

On a side note google how to turn morphine into heroine and note the top website. I wondering if they allowing blogging in prison.

11 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was done school! I have two finals to go.. I can't wait. Oh, and PS, my dog is a shiz tu crossed bishon friese

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait. One more paper and an debate outline and then I have a two week break starting tuesday.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ESTJ/ISTJ (borderline E/I)

And ya I am going to google that right now and see what comes up...and glad to see you blogging again :)

Thanks for the comment~
ttyl

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I have dedicated a page on my blog located on my sidebar to my personality, so you can read all about my personality types there...the page is entitled: Personality

Just so you know

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA...the google thing is hilarious...I wasn't expecting to see that, that's for sure!!!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Tumuli said...

I would give just about anything to start a 3-week vacation...

As for the test: I doubt its accuracy. It categorized me under "protective guardian" along with a certain dumbfounded leader who is anything but.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger S. said...

INFP

I have taken it a few times in school and on line. It is usually close to this one. It can change over your life, though. My Dad and paternal Granfather are also INFPs and when I told my dad the results, he said, "Oh, no!" It is a struggle being an "idealist" and "hypersensitive" but it can also be very fulfilling. I think your paper sounds like fun, though 30 pages is a lot! How is it coming?

http://grtbynd.blogspot.com/2006/08/infp.html

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Congratulations, Turtle. At first I felt bad when you said you had to write a 30 page paper during your vacation, but I could write 30 pages all about ME in about half an hour - so it shouldn't be too bad. I hope.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Melinda June said...

How'd that paper turn out? Helpful or wasteful?

In my MBA programme, we had a full course on that crap last term and had to do weekly analytics of team interations and behaviour based upon MBTI, Belbin, and other psychometrics. I thought it was a crock of hooey at first, but ended up thinking it was quite helpful. ENFP, by the way, which makes me you except spacey and a bit odd.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger natalie said...

This is me: ISTJ

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anticipation poverty cesspools collected frustrations parkvienna belgique classesthere himalaya blogdigger irffi
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home