Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Snap Shot from the Future

This has been a grey, gloomy rainy week in Toronto. This week also marked the development of my hatred for banks. I now hate them with the fury of 1,000 pulsating suns. That’s right folks almost as much as CP hates teenagers on subways On Friday I was surprised to see that I had a whooping $9.52 in my account. Now I was surprised because I transferred money to the account two weeks ago and the transfer still had not occurred. When I called them to find out what happened they told me they froze my account because they were suspicious because I usually don’t transfer money. While it did initially fill me with the warm fuzzies, the feeling was rapidly dispelled when they told me that while I could transfer the money over now it would take about another week to happen. What does this mean to me? Well I have to survive on $9.52 for the rest of the week. For those of you that aren’t mathatheletes that’s $1.36 a day. In 1813 I would be a king among men, at Younge and Dundas I’ll survive for about 3 hours.

Now as a sit here contemplating what to spend my $9.52 on my mind drifts to the future and what my hopes and dreams are. I’ve decided to make a picture to show you what my new place will look like. It seems a long way off since I have under ten bucks to my name but hopefully one day this will be a reality.

Above you’ll see my helicopter, the mosquito, which is my preferred mode of transportation. With this fine vehicle I will avoid crowded parking lots at Christmas by parking on the roofs of malls. It’ll also get me to work where I’ll also park on the roof (I checked it’s flat). You’ll also see my horse, an appaloosa, which I’ve yet to name (suggestions are welcome). I really love horse back riding and I’ll do it every chance I get. My friendly equine has two Nubian goats as companion animals which I’ve also yet to name. Most importantly my companion is also present in the background sitting on a log. The house you see there is the Cambridge, a viceroy home which I really like. Note not picture are some treats I’ve picked up from Jin’s treat shop.

There are many more things I’ll have to later add to the picture but now I’m off to mix some drinks for a lovely lady. In the mean time what kinds of toys do you folks see in your future? What’s the thing you most look forward to having?

14 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

I can't tell you what toys I see in my future, unfortunately. Nor do I have names for your pets (I already took the best name for my French bulldog, Miss Grundy.)

Why don't you just pretend it's 1815 for a week and then you can actually BE a king among men? You can live like a reenactor, which I'm sure will make you plenty popular with the ladies.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Tumuli said...

I want to live in your pad of the future!

As for the monetary fiasco, you could declare yourself king of the street-corner, and make passerby your tax-paying subjects.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger natalie said...

For get the 'copter at Christmas time! Just do your shopping in your jammies over the 'net! No fighting traffic, parking, crazy shoppers and crowded checkout lines!

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we call that service desert? If something like this would happen here the bank's staff would be stoned with sausages, dipped in mustard and feathered.

Or something like that. The future shines bright. Hopefully.

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your horses name could be "Q-Tip" and ya your place looks kind of like ours, goats is an awesome idea because then you don't have to mow your lawn hey?

Have? Things I look forward to? Um, a house, kids (my husband says once we pop we won't stop, yikes!), my husband working from home (so he can help out with the kids), enough money to afford the things we need (that's including some entertainment of course too), and hosting parties for every holiday in our beautiful dining and guest party game's room (that's right, we're going to have one section of the house that will only be for parties, it will include a large dining table, a pool table, a dart board, a theatre, a kitchen, and a living room type area). Let's hope my husband's business takes off sometime or else these are only dreams hey? Oh well, it's good to dream I think.

Thanks for the fairytale land time MT...it was a great trip.

 
At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and as for the money thing...ya we've been there. We lived off our freezer food and canned goods, and if we needed gas or anything we tried to borrow.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger S. said...

I love this post! Your future dream life looks fabulous.

I grew up with horses and goats (no helicopter) and they're pretty great. We had Arabians instead of appy's though, so I'm biased toward them. I always liked an appy named, Sam, though. Not exotic, but won't buck you off either.

Once upon a time some friends of my parents in college looked at the ingrediants on dog food and decided that would be a cheap nutritious way to save money (ala $9.52). Meatloaf resulted. Shortly after vomitting and disposal of the entire bag of dog food. I think the begging on the street corner is more viable. The bums around here seem to do pretty well for themselves.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT THE HECK?!!! DOG FOOD MEATLOAF? Ew, grose!

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to want to live in a Castle in Europe with my twin children (a boy and a girl) and a horse named Blossom.

Now I just wish for a makeup room like Imelda Marcos used to have a Malacalang Palace in Manila. FULL of every makeup I have ever lusted after.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Ahhhh to be young and hopeful!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Nik said...

Not to mention, to be young & lined up for a job that pays well enough to attain those hopes.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya that sounds good Nikki...haha, hey MT I added a new page to my blog's sidebar, you may be interested in seeing sometime. Just a thought...basically it's a page of all my home grown videos.

Check ya lataaa

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

Name the horse Pipe Dream and immediately call the networks-- your bank account situation is prime for a reality show!

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate banks I have been dealing with them all this week. I got a call from one saying I had not paid my loan which I knew I did. SO I check sure enought the money was gone call my bank they said no the check went out WTF? It took them a week to find it. SO annoying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home