Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dress Up Your Favourite Turtle

Yes gals and ghouls Halloween is fast approaching meaning that you don’t have much time to pick out a costume. This was an interesting weekend for me filled with the rediscovery of Nintendo and pumpkin carving. Hopefully I’ll have a picture of the demonic botanical entity I summoned up in the next little while. I must say that I enjoyed the carving much more than I thought. There’s something about stabbing a fruit with a knife that just screams Halloween. On another note I came up with the brilliant idea to roast the seeds for a wonderful healthy snack. I encourage each and every one of you to do the same. There is a suggestion that I think you should follow though to get the most out of the experience. Although you’d think that putting them in at 560 F is a great idea it only works when you leave them in less than an hour. That suggestion doesn’t work if you prefer your snacks to be full of charcoali carcinogenic goodness. In other totally random news realizing that I have fun playing Super Mario three has made me understand that I am indeed getting old but that doesn’t mean that I can’t dress up on Halloween!

I’ve been invited to countless Halloween events and the thing they all have in common is they all want me to dress up. In fact one invitation put it well that address up is fun but it also gives the less fortunate a chance to finally get to wear a mask. This year I’m at a loss for costume ideas which is where I can use your help. I was thinking that being a pirate would be fun but I have no idea about the things I would need. If you can give me cheap costume ideas as well as what I would need if I pursue the pirate idea I’d really appreciate it. I’d also like to know if your dressing up and if you are what you’re going as.

Note: that you might even get to see me in make up for the first time. Also note that falling asleep in the middle of a conversation with your girlfriend is generally frowned upon and snoring heavily doesn’t seem to ameliorate the situation.

12 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Nik said...

I thought it was cute, regardless. :)

And doll, you're too near & tidy to be a pirate. You never have a hair out of place; how do you expect to stand yourself with dirty clothes and fake-grime on your face? :) (Ooh, who got the mad rhymez?)

Here's a good idea: Wear a sheet! You can be a ghost, or a bed!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha...falling asleep while she's talking is the worst thing in the world, I know that bugs me even when my husband does it. However, I'm the one that snores, so I get 'em back...

Um, costume ideas? I don't know...I haven't trick or treated forever, and last time I did I was cinderalla, but you can't dress up as her, that would just be weird considering you're the nerd biotech type of guy...I don't know have you thought about dressing up as a Scientist or something? But if you do...use a mask, or large glasses I mean LARGE glasses, a white wig (like the scientists off of the Skycaptain...movie), a long white coat, and maybe you can even get a mini telescope to hang around your neck or something (just for nerdiness...you know to go with the glasses), but under the white coat you could jazz it up a bit for your gf and wear a flashy outfit of some sorts from the 60's or something just to surprise her, your image would scream, conservative on the outside but wild inside!!! ;) But wait, your gf reads this doesn't she? Crap, so much for the surprise...but I think it would still be kind of cute to go as a more nerdy style of yourself.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Nik said...

That would scare the shit out of me.
And yes, judging by my earlier comment, I do in fact read his blog. :P

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger S. said...

I had a friend who went as laundry one year; it was pretty awesome. He wore a laundry basked and put a detergent box on his head and filled the laundry basked with all those awful clothes you see at thrift stores and wonder what on earth anyone was thinking. You wouldn't have to put grime on your face. And you could wash the clothes first :-).

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Nintendo. I'm totally addicted to everything. Just playing lotsa Animal Crossing on my DS Lite. And can't wait for Nintendo Wii.

Helloweeeeeen eh? Can you believe we have that in germany since four years? I think that's rather funny.

Saying goodbye, going on holiday. Ta-dah!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, halloween is always an interesting time, kids and adults stress alike to see what to dress up as. You could go as a pirate, but that is pretty cliche, the advantage to that is there will be a lot to choose from in the costume store.
I am taking the easy way out this year. I am going as a fairy, white shrit, sparkly hair, wings and a wand. Done deal. Somehow I dont think that would work out for you so well though.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Glue dirty candy wrappers, bits of popcorn and other assorted rubbish to your shirt, and go as the floor of a movie theater.

CP

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA that's the funniest idea ever CP :) and Nikki I LOL at your response...hopefully you were meaning to be funny and not offended or anything. Because I know. I was just trying to be funny. MT if I were you i would forget the disco suit underneath idea as I know it would be kind of scary. Haha :) LOL However, now scientist I could see, but with LARGE glasses and a white wig. CP it's funny you brought up the theatre floor, because they-ARE-trully-nasty...whenever I use the bathroom there I complain of the floor being so sticky that I can't use it. The movie floor is the same way, that is one of my pet peeves...Stickyness...ew yuck!!!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger jin said...

Just dress as you normally do.
Tell everyone you are a serial killer.
They usually look & act quite normal.
*Evil Grin*
;-)

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Thanks Demara - in all fairness I swiped that idea from a stand up comic I once knew. I agree, they are totally nasty, which makes it perfect for a Halloween costume.

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP-haha ya...yw.
MT-Where are you? I hope you post a picture of you in your new get-up, can't wait to see if we will be able to recognize you...

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now it's the early morn after the big day, how goes it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home