Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Working For The Weekend

This has been quite the week I have a presentation, assignment, exam and another presentation to do. If you’re interested S. my project had to do with using a component from garlic extract, ajoene as a mouth wash for the treatment of oral pharyngeal candidiasis. Before I get any further I’d like to ask Lala and Chrissy to drop me their blog addresses, they don’t seem to be in your profiles anymore and I like reading your blogs.

Although I have an exam this Friday I’m already looking forward to the weekend. It’s going to be jam packed with fudge, animals and yes even jam. I always look forward to this time of year because it’s the time when the Royal Ontario Agricultural Winter Fair comes to Toronto. I discovered the fair about 4 years ago when I was dragged and it was pretty much literally to something I thought would be hoaky, boring and inane. However, I was wrong, very wrong. I ended up having a good time once I opened my mind to the thing and was coaxed with chococlate. Now I intend to fulfill the circle and take the lovely Nikki to The Royal and make her a true believer. Think of it as my little cult, if anyone wants to go during the week after I’m game!

Now you’re all probably scratching you’re noggins wondering what the heck has this suit wearing molecular biologist so enthralled? Is it the cow pies? Well I have to tell you it’s a bunch of things and I’ll try to run them down in no particular order. They have the best fudge that I’ve ever had in my life. It’s so great in fact that I spend a whopping 25 bucks on this royal fudge. Now for normal people with some sort of income and not spending $15,000 on school this would amount to approximately $1.5 million dollars. Don’t even bother challenging me I have the best business prof’s from Rotman teaching me economics, they’re the ones that tell me I need to pay them $15,000 for a degree (yes that’s a year).

The animals also happen to be a big draw for me. I don’t know how it happened but at some point I developed an affinity for barn year creatures. Seeing all the pigs, horses, chickens, goats, alpacas and lemurs is tons of fun. Yes I have no clue where lemurs became barnyard animals but I guess they have barns in Madagascar. Also at some point I developed an affinity for hoses and would want one at some point so this is kind of like car shopping for me (I also want a mosquito but I’ll get into that in another post).

There’s also the tradition of me getting my photo done with the prize winning pigeon. I’m sure you understand so I won’t even bother explaining. Another thing that is tons of fun is watching the horse show. They do tons of things like dressage and carriage racing but I’m there for the jumping. I know it’s not as cultured as watching a horse with ribbons prancing about to the lion king musical but it’s pretty cool to see something jump higher than six foot four. Now there are also the candy apples and other things which I intend to ply Nikki with.

Now this is getting long but I’m also going to go to the zoo as well as hopefully see the Borat movie. What are you good people doing this weekend?

15 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After I comment I usually will click the refresh button to see if the number of comments increases, and when I refreshed the page today I saw your new post sittin there after I just commented on the old post, this has happened a few times before. I guess I've learnt my lesson (it's another thing to remember it) that I should refresh your blog before I comment (if all I see is the old post). Grrr...as for your weekend, it sounds like you had a great time! But i was wondering did you end up dressing up at all? And horses jumping over 6 feet in the air, now that would freak me out, that is if they were jumping over me. Yikes! I know our cats can jump 5 feet high in the air, and it's kind of freaky considering I'm five feet tall and all. Anyway, sorry about the last comment on your old post, I hope I'll remember to refresh your blog everytime I come to it, to see if there is in fact something new. Peace Out

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

No worries D. I didn't end up doing anything except for going to a seminar for halloween :( I do however plan to raid drugs stores for cheap candy

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Brioche said...

Hiya Uncle Turtle! I heard you were asking about me!

I'm actually a Golden Retriever, not a lab. I'm still really young, though. When I get older I'll have long red fur. Well, that's what my Mum tells me anyway.

Your blog is really really cool!
See ya later!

:-P
Sloppy Kisses
:-P

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Tumuli said...

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy much of Halloween. If it makes you feel any better, I worked. :(

Weekend outlook is bleak as well, unfortunately.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger natalie said...

I hope we get to see you with the pigeon! And send some of that delicious fudge my way!

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you actually get some laced candy for Halloween? Yum! :p NOT JK but haha it sounds like your Halloween was almost as good as mine.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger whyioughtta said...

I'll be sitting by my computer waiting for you to post that prize-winning pigeon photo!

Man, that made me laugh...I'm picturing a pigeon wearing a crown...or do YOU get to wear the crown?!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger S. said...

Sounds like a super weekend ahead. I, also, spent Halloween working. Dressed up as a doctor, complete with sick patients and a hospital. This weekend, more of the same. Oh, the glamour of it all. The glamour of it all. I have a favorite old vet patient at the moment though. There's a post about him brewing in my head...if I ever have time to write it.

Oh, and cool about the oral candidiasis treatment prospect. Nystatin could use a run for it's money.

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MT, I just wanted to inform you that today (Nov 3rd) I put a really interesting Google video on my blog that deals with Science, I think you may be interested in seeing it. Come by some time for a visit. Would love to have you over!!!

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

I second Natalie's request for the pigeon photo.

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya pigeon picture or something new at least...

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Nik said...

Alas.

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even REMEMBER what I did on the weekend, but I am going to see U2 this weekend and moving house. WOOHOO.

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CJ-Which movie is that?

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MT-I GOT A JOB!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home