Of Molecular Turtles and Other Oddities

Monday, December 04, 2006

The Cavalcade of Lights

I would like to start off this post with a great big thank you going out to S. She was nice enough to provide me with some much needed insight for a project having to do with doctor’s incentives. As you may have guessed, and I’m sure that you have as all my readers have an above average IQ, I’ve been extremely busy. I just finished giving another presentation today as well as writing up an executive summary of a Harvard business review case. All that’s left now is to do my economics exam and I’m free (that is unless you count the 30 page report due January 8th).

While I was fairly busy working on things I did have a chance to go out to the Cavalcade of Lights at City Hall in downtown Toronto. There were a few bands playing and one of them was Joel Plaskett’s which was by far the best act. The other three acts were pretty much an assault on my ears but I had to endure them for fireworks. Interestingly enough one of the songs played happened to be what I called my sweater folding song as it always seemed to be playing at Sears when I had to fold things.

The most amazing part of the evening had to be the fireworks. The pictures I’ve posted don’t even begin to do it justice. It was by far the best fireworks show I’ve seen in my life and I attend the symphony of fire in Toronto every year. If you look very closely you can see the flying saucer from which aliens emerge each Christamas and to tell our politicians in Toronto what to think.

On a completely different train of thought I’m spending a lot more time at the gym which I’m happy about. I was wondering if any of you out there goes to the gym. And if you do what do you find you enjoy most. If you don’t why not? Also if we have any runner or elliptical people out there any suggestions for training?

17 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

What do I enjoy most about the gym? It being over.

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gym is gross. I am so with coaster punchman on the leaving aspect. I do however, enjoy the elliptical, feels like you are running on air (I am thinking of the right maching aren't I?)

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Nik said...

I'll train you!

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two gym memberships that I probably should be using but I just don't go, why? I prefer to work out one on one with someone else and there is noone there that I know and can work out with at the one gym. :( And well the reason I have the second membership is so that I can work out with my husband but he likes to workout with his guy friends,but who knows maybe we'll be able to work out together again sometime. I sure hope so. It feels so good once you actually go through with it and do it. It's the gettin there that's the hard part for me. Thanks for the reminder though!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger jin said...

Forget the gym.
Buy a puppy.
You'll be fit in NO TIME!
(If you survive, that is. ;-)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Tumuli said...

I'd rather walk or "crunch" alone, without gawkers and gaspers.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really like gyming. I prefer swimming actually. Three times a week.
I'd soooo luv to visit Toronto again. My best friend used to live there for a couple of years. Maybe next year... somewhen.

That pic kinda reminds me of Resident Evil 2, where the city hall of Toronto was to be the headquarter of the Umbrealla Corp. (!) and was blown to bits by Milla Yovovich. Dhu!!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

My commenters have to be the funniest ever

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Dale said...

I didn't know Joel Plaskett was going to be playing so that and the fireworks must have been great!

Resident Evil 2 I rented just because Toronto was featured so heavily and that was a cool scene that Flo mentions.

I know nothing of this gym person you mention but I do want to know what your sweater folding song was.

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanks for stopping over. As for the gym question, I like to go and swim but rarely have the time to do so, which makes me really mad. I like the cross trainer too but that's it.


* need to go swim! need to go swim! Dino marches out to find her swim suit*

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Dale said...

Have you seen the 'cavalcade' of lights at Danforth & Logan in Greektown? They've put a bunch of blue lights in the fountain there. It scared me a little.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate going to the gym because people sweat all over stuf... ew. I have an eliptical trainer at home that I use. Or I go walking.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Nik said...

I miss you!!!

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey where'd you go?

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

Dale I haven't had a chance to check it out. It seems it might be fun to see what happens when you put a floating kit kat bar in the fountain with the lights. Then we'll truely see how far you'd go for a kit kat bar

Demara: thanks for the heads up. I've decided now that i've finished school I'm going to try to post once every few days:)

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i totally didn't get that joel plaskett was playing! I saw him the last time when I was in Toronto.
It was in a small club and I had kind of a breakdown because of jetlag and a lack of sleep, and i almost puked across the stage. still like him ;)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger natalie said...

No gym for me... I spend my days running after the children! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home